KCJ is committed to the global dissemination of research and knowledge, as well as to open access for academic work, permitting any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of its articles and to use them for any other lawful purpose. All articles published by KCJ are made immediately available worldwide from the date of publication under an open access license. We do not charge any fees for any reader to download articles for their own scholarly use.
- everyone has free and unlimited access to the full-text of all articles published in KCJ journals;
- everyone is free to re-use the published material if proper accreditation/citation of the original publication is given;
- KCJ adheres to the Creative Commons License CC-BY-NC-ND. This allows for the reproduction of articles, free of charge, for non-commercial use only and with the appropriate citation information. All authors publishing with KCJ accept these as the terms of publication.
KCJ defines open access by the following conditions:
- peer-reviewed literature is freely available without subscription or price barriers,
- literature is immediately released in open access format (no embargo period), and
- published material can be re-used without obtaining permission as long as a correct citation to the original publication is given.
All articles published in KCJ journal, including data, graphics, and supplements, can be linked from external sources, scanned by se arch engines, re-used by text mining applications or websites, blogs, etc. free of charge under the sole condition of proper accreditation of the source and original publisher. KCJ believes that open access publishing fosters the exchange of research results amongst scientists from different disciplines, thus facilitating interdisciplinary research. Open access publishing also provides access to research results to researchers worldwide, including those from developing countries, and to an interested general public.
Important Note: some articles (especially Reviews) may contain figures, tables or text taken from other publications, for which KCJ does not hold the copyright or the right to re-license the published material. Please note that you should inquire with the original copyright holder (usually the original publisher or authors), whether or not this material can be re-used.
For articles published under an open access Creative Common CC BY license, all or part of article including figures and tables published by KCJ may be reused with permission obtained from KCJ provided that the original article is clearly cited. Reuse of an article does not imply endorsement by the authors or KCJ.
Article Publishing Charge
Although, KCJ is an open access journal, we do not charge a subscription fee, and we do not charge any Article Publishing Charge (APC). This ensures your article will be immediately and permanently free to access by everyone.
Advantages of Open Access for Authors
- High visibility, immediate and unrestricted online access to published articles
- Broad coverage of biomedical research
- Rigorous peer review
- Easy compliance with open access mandates
- Authors retain copyright
- Highly indexed – citation tracking and inclusion in bibliographic databases
Please read the full Creative Commons license for further information.
Open Access - KCJ’s Archiving and Sharing Policy
You may share the Original Submission or Accepted Manuscript at any time and in any format. Your sharing of the Original Submission or Accepted Manuscript may include posting a downloadable copy on any website, saving a copy in any repository or network, sharing a copy through any social media channel, and distributing print or electronic copies. Accepted Version of the article may be posted in the author's institutional repository and reuse is restricted to non-commercial and no derivative uses.
You may use the Final Published PDF (or Original Submission or Accepted Manuscript, if preferred) in the following ways:
- in relation to your own teaching, provided that any electronic distribution maintains restricted access
- to share on an individual basis with research colleagues, provided that such sharing is not for commercial purposes
- in your dissertation or thesis, including where the dissertation or thesis will be posted in any electronic Institutional Repository or database
- in a book authored or edited by you, at any time after the Contribution’s publication in the journal.
- Access to the Original Submission and Accepted Manuscript is provided at no charge.
- Any re-use terms for users of websites and repositories (where your Original Submission or Accepted Manuscript are posted) are restricted to non-commercial and no derivative uses.
- You may not post the Final Published PDF on any unrestricted website or repository without permission from KCJ.
- You may not republish or translate any version of your Contribution in another journal without prior permission from KCJ.
- The journal as the original publication of your Contribution is appropriately credited by including the full citation information each time your Contribution, or excerpts, are further distributed or re-used:
- After your Contribution has been accepted for publication and until it is assigned a DOI, please include a statement that your Contribution has been accepted for publication in the journal.
- Once full citation information for your Contribution is available, please include this with your posted Contribution, in a format similar to the following: Author(s), Contribution Title, Journal Title (Volume Number and Issue Number) pp. xx-xx. Copyright © [year] (Copyright Holder).
If you have questions regarding the following titles, contact the permissions team at email@example.com
Complimentary Author Copies
A complimentary digital copy of their final article, called an e-print can be provided. E-prints are sent automatically to the corresponding authors following the article's initial publication and issue publication (if applicable), and include a link for downloading the final article PDF. The corresponding author can share the link and/or PDF with co-authors, and can also share the PDF in certain other uses. If a journal's policy is an exception to the standard policy, the specific terms for that journal will be supplied in the author's Contributor Agreement.
If an author would like to purchase a print copy of the issue in which their article appears, they will receive a 30% discount off the standard single issue price. Please specify the journal name and volume/issue number in your request. To order a reprints, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New to Open Access policy?
For those who are new to the concept of open access: