- Open up an avenue of a new class therapy: HIF-2α inhibitor MK-6428 owing to its promising efficacy and tolerability in patients with advanced RCC.
- Further clarify multiple choices in frontline ther apy, including the immune checkpoint inhibitor (ICI) therapy alone or combination with tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI).
- Address whether it is appropriate to sequence PD-1 inhibitor vs using them in combination.
- Help us assess the association of gene expression signatures and DNA alterations with response or resistance to immunotherapy.
- Provide important clues about angiogenic and myeloid expression markers to stratify patients based on transcriptomic profile as well as its prognostic significance.
The abstracts included in this report have been selected by Robert A. Figlin, MD, Editor-in-Chief of the Kidney Cancer Journal and appear in an abbreviated format due to space constraints. These chosen abstracts highlight the most important trends in ongoing clinical studies and also reﬂect the breakthrough research from latest trials that impact the current standard of care in renal cancer. The full abstracts can be viewed on our KCJ website, please check out: https://kidney-cancer-journal.com/asco.html